Australasian Database Conference (ADC2008)
Held at University of Wollongong, Australia, during January 22-25, 2008.
Call for Papers
(includes registration and local arrangements)
Call For Papers
The Australasian Database Conference series is an annual forum
for exploring research, development, and
novel applications of database systems.
The Nineteenth Australasian Database Conference, ADC 2008, will be held at
The University of Wollongong as part of the
Australasian Computer Science Week.
As with previous years, registration to the Australasian Database Conference
will enable delegates to attend sessions in any conference participating
in the Australasian Computer Science Week.
ADC 2008 solicits contributions in all areas of database research. Typical, but not exclusive topics of interest are:
- Advanced database applications
- Advanced foundations of databases
- Databases for bioinformatics
- Data mining/knowledge discovery
- Data warehousing
- Database system integration issues
- Database schema integration
- Embedded and Mobile Databases
- Federated, distributed, parallel and grid databases
- Extended data type management
- High dimensional and temporal data
- Image/video retrieval and databases
- Information retrieval, filtering and dissemination
- Logic in databases
- Performance issues of databases
- Privacy and Secure Databases
- Query languages
- Query processing and optimisation
- Semi-structured data
- Spatial data processing/management
- Stream Data Management
- Transaction processing
- Web access to databases
- Web information systems
- XML and databases
ADC 2008 invites papers describing original contributions
in all fields of database research and applications.
Papers should be no more than 10 pages in length conforming to the
formatting instructions for the series
Conferences in Research and
Practice in Information Technology.
Each paper will be judged on its originality, significance,
technical quality, relevance to ADC, and presentation.
Submissions of a paper should be regarded as an undertaking that,
should the paper be accepted, at least one author will attend the conference
to present the work.
Submission to ADC 2008 will be electronically by
following this link.
Authors will first be asked to submit an abstract,
then to upload the full paper using the paper-id assigned by the system.
By submitting to the conference authors accept that they are aware of the
Code of Practice (Guidelines on Research Practice in Computer Science) by the
||The proceedings of this event will be published by the
Volume 75, Database Technologies 2008 in the
The formatting requirements and resources for authors can be found on the
CRPIT Authors Page together with a
list of all upcoming volumes.
After the conference, authors of the best papers
will be invited to submit an extended version for publication
Research and Practice in Information Technology (JRPIT).
- Submission of abstracts Wednesday September 5 2007 (deadline extended)
- Submission of full papers Friday September 7 2007 (deadline extended)
- Notification of authors Friday September 28 2007
- Final version due Friday October 19 2007
- Author registration Friday October 19 2007
- Conference Tuesday January 22 to Friday January 25, 2008